Consultations & Coaching
Get expert parenting support to help your family flourish at Parents Place.
Currently Offered at >
Unsure how to handle an issue with your child? Parents Place is here for you.
Get expert advice and strategies from our professional staff — from sleep issues to sibling rivalry to learning challenges and more. Whether you come in for a parent consultation or coaching session just once or several times, at the end of each visit, you will have useful information and strategies that are immediately helpful in addressing your main concerns. We offer you a roadmap so you can choose the path that is right for you and your family.
Here are just a few examples of issues that parents have brought to us:
- My son never sleeps through the night. Do I need to wait for him to get older, or is there something I can do now?
- My child hits, bites, and has tantrums and may soon be expelled from her preschool.
- My child avoids eye contact. Could he be showing signs of autism?
- My daughter has no friends. Is a social skills group appropriate?
- My child’s teacher suspects he may have ADHD. What do I do next?
- I am told that my child has sensory issues and poor impulse control. What should I do? Would an occupational therapist be helpful?
- My 10-year-old is very anxious and refuses to go to school. Should I push her to attend, or will this make matters worse?
- My teen daughter is very smart, but is suddenly receiving failing grades in school. Could this be a sign of bullying?
- Our son is so sensitive. His feelings are easily hurt and we are always making accommodations for him. Is this just a phase?
- We are new to the Bay Area and don’t know what our school options are. Can you help us identify schools that can work for our family?
Parent Consultation sessions are conducted by a range of specialists, from parent educators to psychologists, occupational therapists, and education specialists.
Parent Coaching is a unique partnership designed to support parents in their parenthood journey. Our coaches help you identify your parenting goals; they respect your values and honor your parenting style, while helping address areas of desired change.
Parent coaching helps you to:
- Honor your child’s natural talents and gifts.
- Create a positive and empowering relationship with your child.
- Deepen your understanding of your child’s special needs and challenges.
- Focus on the positive characteristics and support your child to turn his/her challenges into strengths.
- Learn how to identify your child’s learning style and use it to support daily demands.
- Explore ways to develop a supportive and nurturing environment in school and at home.
- Find out how to advocate for your child in the school system and how to navigate additional support services.
- Achieve personal growth and fulfillment as a parent, take care of yourself, and enjoy your family.
We offer consultations and coaching wherever it’s convenient for you! In-person at Parents Place, or via phone or a video call. To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 415-359-2443 (San Francisco), 650-688-3046 (Peninsula), or 415-491-7959 (Marin).