School & Learning Challenges
Our team supports the academic, social, and emotional aspects of learning.
Currently Offered at >
Partnering with schools, parents, and other professionals, our Parents Place team supports the academic, social, and emotional aspects of learning. Our educational therapy services combine educational and therapeutic approaches. We can also conduct School Based Observations of your child, and help you choose schools that are a good fit for your child and family.
If your child struggles with:
- Academic self-esteem and motivation
- Social skills in the classroom setting
- Attention, organizational, and study skills
- Language processing or sensory processing
- School and test anxiety
- Reading, writing, and math challenges
- Inclusion of children with special needs in the mainstream classroom
Parents Place can provide:
- One-on-one educational therapy
- School advocacy and help communicating effectively with school personnel
- School observation and consultation with school staff
- Home-based assessment and consultation
- School placement and transitions consultation
- Individualized coaching and support for students with ADHD or other learning differences
- Development and support of accommodation plan
- Participation in the IEP process/504 process/SST process
- Clarifying eligibility criteria for school-based services and ensuring that all appropriate services are provided to your child according to California Special Education law
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 415-359-2443 (San Francisco), 650-688-3046 (Peninsula), or 415-491-7959 (Marin).